Tower Ticket Analytics
Similar to the Enterprise Analytics Service, when organizations struggle with Service Outages, Prolonged Downtimes & Service Restoration times, Inconsistent Service, and Poor Service Availability, and this is due to the performance of one of many towers. The Tower Analytics service can be used to focus on the problematic tower(s) and identify the root cause of the issues and remediation plans for long term sustained benefits. Typical Towers could be Service Desk, Deskside Services, Collaboration, Infrastructure, Application, Security, SIAM, etc.
The Objective of the process :
The Objective of the Tower Ticket Analytics Service is to provide insights to the organization by harvesting the ITSM ticket data from a given Tower(s).
- The volumetric analytics can yield insights into trends, patterns and cyclical behaviours/seasonal patterns.
- The descriptive analytics can help to explain what is happening taking the entire organization into account. This allows for establishing correlations amongst teams, types of issues, etc.
- The diagnostic analytics allows for identification causality. Once we learn what happened, we can better focus on why it happened. Who caused it. What caused it.
- Leveraging predictive analytics, we can then determine what can happen if nothing changes in the current system. Whether using PBA analysis or cutting edge predictive algorithms, organizations can forecast out and see what can be expected.
- Finally, leveraging prescriptive analytics, this is where recommendations engines can be used to determine based on what is happening, why it’s happening, and what will happen if nothing changes. What changes should be implemented.
Sample list of recommendations :
- Implement productivity reports to track and trend volumes against staffing levels
- Conduct regular skill gaps analysis
- Implement Quality Management systems
- Address tooling issues
- Update Knowledge base and implement process for Knowledge Management
- Implement Backlog/Aged Ticket reporting
- Establish cross-tower governance with all tower leads
- Establish daily scrum calls to foster sharing of information and teaming
- Develop enterprise level and tower level live dashboards
- Develop enterprise level service performance reviews
Sample list of observations :
- Staffing and Resourcing issues in the Tower
- Skills, Capabilities and Capacity issues in the Tower
- Queue Management issues in the Tower
- Tools issues
- Knowledge Management issues
- Backlog Management issues
- Ticket bouncing and reassignment between teams
- Downstream impact to services and client satisfaction from actions of teams
- Lack of coordination amongst teams for issues spanning multiple towers
Sample list of benefits :
- Better identification of Correlation and Causality in terms of impact to service
- Holistic view of the environment
- Quicker identification of issues
- Targeted remediation plans for long term results