Enterprise Ticket Analytics
When organizations struggle with Service Outages, Prolonged Downtimes & Service Restoration times, Inconsistent Service, and Poor Service Availability, it can not only lead to dissatisfied and disgruntled customers and employees but it can also have a profound impact on business performance in terms of Revenues and Profits. In many cases organizations will turn to comprehensive service improvement plans, initiate audits of the processes and management systems, or bring in high-priced consulting firms to conduct an assessment. In nearly all cases, organizations either see a short term benefit before things regress to how they were, or organizations find themselves in prolonged recovery plans.
The Objective of the process:
The Objective of the Enterprise Ticket Analytics Service is to provide insights to the organization by harvesting all of the ITSM ticket data. By analyzing the full data, insights can be harvested from analyzing the complete environment.
- The volumetric analytics can yield insights into trends, patterns and cyclical behaviours/seasonal patterns.
- The descriptive analytics can help to explain what is happening taking the entire organization into account. This allows for establishing correlations amongst teams, types of issues, etc.
- The diagnostic analytics allows for identification causality. Once we learn what happened, we can better focus on why it happened. Who caused it. What caused it.
- Leveraging predictive analytics, we can then determine what can happen if nothing changes in the current system. Whether using PBA analysis or cutting edge predictive algorithms, organizations can forecast out and see what can be expected.
- Finally, leveraging prescriptive analytics, this is where recommendation engines can be used to determine based on what is happening, why it’s happening, and what will happen if nothing changes. What changes should be implemented.
Sample list of benefits:
- Better identification of Correlation and Causality in terms of impact to service
- Holistic view of the environment
- Quicker identification of issues
- Targeted remediation plans
Sample list of observations:
- Ticket bouncing and reassignment between teams
- Downstream impact to services and client satisfaction from actions of teams
- Lack of coordination amongst teams for issues spanning multiple towers
Sample list of recommendations:
- Establish cross-tower governance with all tower leads
- Establish daily scrum calls to foster sharing of information and teaming
- Develop enterprise level and tower level live dashboards
- Develop enterprise level service performance reviews