Can Analytics Be Performed When Data is in Another Language
Recently, I was told by a Client that, because the ticket data was in French, they would seek out a French Analytics resource, as I only spoke English. Here was my response to the potential client:
I wanted to follow up on the discussion we had regarding your analytics needs. I understand the ticket description, work notes, close notes, and additional comments fields will be in French. This is fine. However, 60-70% of the analytics is not dependent on those fields. If you look at analytics in the 4 phases, Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive, and Prescriptive. The unstructured text fields, fields in French, will be needed at some point. However, the bulk of the analytics is not reliant on those fields.
For the quantitative analysis such as:
- Volumetric Analytics on Volumes/Response Times/Response Times, i just need dates fields such as : Create Date, Open Date, Resolve Date, Close Date, Escalation Date, ReOpen Date, Last Update Date, etc.
- For Categorical Analytics, I just need fields such as: Category, Subcategory, Requested Item, Configuration Item, Root Cause, etc.
- For Client Analytics, I need fields such as: Affected User, Business Unit, Organization, Location, Country, Dept, Language, Company, VIP Status, etc.
- For Tower Analytics, I need fields such as: Assigned To, Assignment Group
- For Client Experience Analytics, i need: CSAT Data, FCR Data, Escalation Data
- There are many other analytical dimensions i can work on such as backlog analytics, MTTR analytics, etc. that are not dependent on the unstructured fields.
If you can send me @12 months of your ticket data, I can perform some preliminary analytics as a POC for you to demonstrate what I can deliver.
Here is a sample list of fields:
Affected User Business Functional Unit
Affected User City
Affected User Contact Language
Affected User Department
Affected User Location
Affected User Organization
Affected User VIP
Created By Group
First Call Resolution
Incident State Reason
Last Reopen Date
Last Update Date
Opened By Group
Resolved By Group
Service Request Stage
Updated By Group
Work Finish Date
Work Start Date
Affected User Country
Affected User Company